Key Proposals by GST Council in its 22nd Meeting held on 06 OCT 2017:
(Source: Press Releases, dt.06-10-2017).
1. GST Rates reduced significantly on 27 Goods & 12 Services.
2. Turnover for composition scheme raised from ₹75 Lac to ₹ 1 Crores except the special category States but the turnover threshold for the states of J & K and Uttarakhand shall be ₹ 1 crore.
3. The facility of availing composition under the increased threshold shall be available to both migrated and new taxpayers up to 31.03.2018. The Persons who are otherwise eligible for composition scheme and are providing any exempt service, shall be eligible for the composition scheme.
4. Service providers whose annual aggregate turnover is less than ₹ 20 Lac (₹ 10 Lac in special category states except J & K) from obtaining registration even if they are making inter-State taxable supplies of services.
5. Quarterly Returns* in Form GSTR-1, 2 & 3 for Persons having Annual aggregate turnover up to ₹ 1.5 crores with quarterly payment of taxes* starting from the quarter Oct-Dec, 2017. *All taxpayers will be required to file monthly GSTR-3B till DEC 2017*.
6. The reverse charge mechanism U/s 9 (4) of the CGST Act, 2017 & U/s 5 (4) of the IGST Act, 2017 suspended till 31.03.2018. *Specific reverse charge u/s 9(3) shall continue.*
7. Taxpayers having annual aggregate turnover up to ₹ 1.5 crores *shall be required to pay GST only when the supply of goods is made and not at the time of receipt of advances on account of supply of goods.*
8. The services provided by a GTA to an unregistered person exempted from GST.
9. Registration and operationalization of TDS/TCS provisions shall be postponed till 31.03.2018.
10. The e-way bill system shall be introduced w.e.f. 01.01.2018 and shall be rolled out nationwide w.e.f.01.04.2018.
11. The last date for filing the return in GSTR-4 & GSTR-6 for JUL, AUG & SEP, 2017 shall be extended to 15 NOV 2017.
12. Invoice Rules are being modified.